Yesterday I updated Killer-Blog, so the original feeds from dasBlog are compatible again. This means that you should be reading this mail from your favorite rss-aggregator, without any updates to the syndication URL.
What are some unique features of Killer-Blog, that distinguish it (more or less) from the ‘competition’ (I’m not really planning on any competing, BTW):
- Multiple blogs from a single installation.
- Ability to use a dns-prefix as the identifier of the blog (e.g. athissen.killerblog.net and eric.killerblog.net) or a full dns (www.alexthissen.nl is the same as athissen.killerblog.net) for people who can afford such.
- Multi-lingual (English and Dutch for now)
- SqlXmlObjectProvider generic data layer
- Uses MasterPages, AssemblyResourceHandler and other ASP.NET 2.0 stuff, although it is built in ASP.NET 1.1
- FreeTextBox 3.0 (which uses the same AssemblyResourceHandler)
There’s more to be built to make it feature complete. At the moment there’s no way to do any uploading of files (disabled from FreeTextBox) and there’s no full support for some of the API’s out there. This will be created over the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned.
After some initial testing I will put it out in the public and see how it holds. Interested in having a blog of your own. Give me a mail and enroll in the beta testing.